Слайд 37. What place was built by King Arthur and the wizard
a) Stonehenge b) The Tower of London c) Camelot
8. What ocean is Great Britain washed by in the north-west, north and south-west?
A) The Pacific Ocean B) The Arctic Ocean c) The Atlantic Ocean
9. Who is the present monarch in Great Britain?
a) Prince Charles b) Elizabeth I c) Elizabeth II
10. The population of London is about…
a) 5 million people b) 6 million people c) 7 million people
11.How old is London?
a) 1000 b) 1500 c) 2000
12. What weather is most common in Great Britain?
a) sunny b) rainy c) snowy
Слайд 42. Do you know the ABC? What are the words?
20, 12, 1, 14, 20, 9, 3 15, 3, 51, 14
B) 20, 8, 1, 13, 5, 19
C) 5, 12, 9, 26, 1, 2, 5, 20, 8
D) 21, 14, 9, 15, 14 10, 1, 3, 11
Слайд 53.Crazy questions
1. What is the population of England?
47.5 million (L) b) 55 million (M) c) 70, 3 million (K)
2. What is the national emblem of England?
a) the yellow rose (A) b) the white rose (E) c) the red rose (O)
3. What river is London situated on?
a) the Thames (N) b) the Rhine (L) c) the Nile (S)
4. What languages do people speak in Wales?
a) English (H) b) Welsh (S) c) Welsh & English (D)
5. What is the nickname of British flag?
a) Union George (E) b) Union Charles (U) c) Union Jack (O)
6. What is the national Scottish costume called?
a) hutch (T) b) kilt (N) c) skirt (V)
Слайд 75. Holidays In Great Britain
1. It isThe most popular holiday In
Great Britain. Every year the people of Norway give the city of London a present. It's a big tree and it stands in Trafalgar Square. Central streets are beautifully decorated. Before this holiday, groups of singers go from house to house. They collect money for charity and sing carols, traditional songs. Many churches hold a carol service on the Sunday before this holiday.
2. This holiday is the day or evening before all Saint's Day. Children dress up in costumes and masks over their faces. They go out into the streets to beg People give them sweets, cookies and apples. A favourite custom is to make a jack-o’-lantern (the children scrape our a pumpkin and cut the eyes, nose and mouth). They light a candle inside the pumpkin to scare their friends.
3. This is a church holiday. There is a popular belief that wearing 3 new things on this holiday will bring good luck.
Traditionally parades of people in bright new spring clothes are held on this day. Another custom is decorating eggs for children. Eggs are hidden in the yards. little children believe that the rabbit comes and leaves eggs for them. candies are made in the form of eggs, little chickens and rabbits.